Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Hurrahs for 2008

new year's eve. 2008. while everyone's happily dining and partying, I, together with my 2 loyal direct reports-- Shaun and Rae are in the office--me, tinkering my files to check how many bankers called in "sick"(reason: tooth extraction--why would you have your freakin' tooth be extracted on new year's eve?no this is not my banker's excuse), while my two minions, Rae and Shaun, were busy taking calls.

I was able to update my Facebook account, signed up for Plurk.com, edited my avatar, chat in Meebo, browsed my Multiply site, emailed my friends abroad and stare out of the makati skyline and the drool over the party and fireworks display in Ayala. no im not bitter. because after all, had I stayed at home, I would have hit the sack as early as ten pm. at least, i have the chance to say these last Hurrahs for the year 2008, a year that was.

I don't and I never do new year's resolutions. If I think of something to change for the new year, I just usually keep it to myself so I won't get Boo-ed for not complying. And afterall, since when did new Year's resolution became part of our life's deliverables? he he. But for this year, I only have two things in mind which perhaps I could revisit every now and then to see if I'm doing an improvement on. No let's not tag them as New Year's Resolutions, because for a relatively long time now, I have been trying to apply these in my daily rituals. Maybe I could just reinforce and empower it's influence. huwaat? :P :

First, Make other people's lives easier.
Second, which I could better phrase in Filipino: "kung hindi ako makakabawas, huwag na akong dumagdag.."


there. Good Luck to me and Happier and Better Year for all of us :P

No comments: