Monday, October 19, 2009

text message from trix

"ngek. but you're an artist. it's not the world's fault that you wanted to write and indeed you never promised the universe that you would write brilliantly. you only promised that you would write your heart out. Liz Gilbert said one must find another reason to start writing, other than the desire for success and recognition. It must come from another place, perhaps to find oneself again."
_trix, october 20, 2008 9:41pm

i was browsing through my k800i inbox when i get to read the message above once again. trix is my college friend whom i seldom see now, although we now are both in the same college in UP Dil. Reading through my first post in this blog, she was actually the one who made me fall in love with writing my heart out again. and then at some point, i stopped. and then started again.

I had the most blogposts in august. i guess because someone from somewhere made me write something and practically anything. not really that she/he/it coerced me to write but seeing this entity made me write just about anything. hah. i looked at things differently. and then when the entity left, my blog came back to it's old self. a visual representation of a typical night in a barrio. you could almost hear the crickets. haha.

i just watched julie and julia yesterday. and one of the subnarratives dealt with blogging and all. julie powell blogged and cooked her life out for a year. she called it project julie and julia. 365 days, 500++ recipes. she dared herself to do it because she never seem to finish anything, that's according to her.

i never seem to finish anything at all. i dunno if it's gonna work. but yeah, maybe, just maybe i should try one too bearing in mind what trix told me. i promised the world that i'm going to write. i did not promise the world that i will write brilliantly, elaborately and compellingly. i just promised the world that i will write.

i miss writing. er blogging. yeah. whatever.

No comments: