Wednesday, November 25, 2009

On Saying Goodbye to Maria, Among The Thousand Other Ways

on the placid waters
upon the dock
where we once started--
slowly
i unraveled the rope
where my boat was tied
while afloat;

i looked towards
the line
where the water ends
and saw
how the great ball
gently give way
to the night.

i had no sail
for the wind to carry me,
to lead me
to where i should go.

as i move forward,
among the gentle waves,
almost like ripples
i was counting on my paddle--
so i could move farther away
faster
away
from you.

now,
under the indigo sky
while my boat
is being carried by
the same waves,
i take a glance of you
one last time,

your right hand moving, waving--
i wasnt certain
if you were calling me back
or you were bidding
"bon voyage";

in your left hand,
safely tucked
close to your chest,
my paddle,
which should have gone
with me
when i left.


november 24, 2009
9.54 am
extension 64517

No comments: